BED BUG DETECTION USING DOGS
Why use dogs to find and control bed bugs?
The short answer is they are better and faster than any human or any mechanical device in finding bed bugs in thier earliest stages.
The dog is the first true preventative treatment available for bed bugs. The earlier they are detected the more easily they can be exterminated.
- Dogs can identify an infestation hidden in inaccessible locations that humans would rarely find
- Dogs can find evidence of the earliest stages of infestation
- Dogs can detect the bed bug smell even in the presence of extraneous odors
Bed Bug Dog Inspection Accuracy:
A through inspection is paramount to bed bug control
- A dog can inspect a room in less than 3 minutes with over 90% accuracy and can identify harborages before bites are found.
- A detailed human inspection of a room can take up to 60 minutes. Even after flipping beds and furniture, accuracy is poor. Small infestations can be easily missed.
Bed Bug Dog Benefits:
For a commercial property, early detection minimizes bed bug spreading, prevents 360° pesticide applications, identifies harborages before they impact room residents and establishes due diligence.